Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of learning and understanding the search engines and their indexing algorithm in and changing or designing a web site to rank high on user searches. Rank is the relative position in the Search Engine Results Page (SERP) for a keyword or key phrase search.
No fancy links, no doorway pages, no spamming techniques can achieve what clean, logical and spam free coding (HTML) can. Here is a quick checklist to drive the search engine spiders to your website.
Search engine optimization coding Checklist:
* CSS: Using CSS as it simplifies site maintenance.
* “H1” and “H2” tags: A must. Place your keywords in the HTML header codes “H1” and “H2” tags.
* Anchor text: Use keyword rich anchor text that best justifies your landing page.
* Title Tag: Maximum 90 Characters.
* Keyword tags: Maximum 25 words.
* Browsing Menu: If you use java script menu include redundant set of text links.
* Internal Linking: Ensure that you have good internal linkage and no dead pages.
* Dynamic URLs: In case of dynamic URLs use tools to convert dynamic links into static.
* The correct way to use newly created static pages is to place links to the dynamic pages on the static pages, effectively submitting the static pages to the major search engines manually.
* Use W3 HTML Validator
* Other tags: “Strong” & “em” tags perform well than “b” in the eyes of Spiders, without compromising website aesthetics.
* Avoid placing links in images
* Avoid Dynamic URLs.